More than four decades of installing, implementing and maintaining Computerized Maintenance Management Systems has demonstrated the benefits in preparing a detailed comprehensive Project Implementation Plan. This phase develops a clear understanding of the client’s goals and objectives and what will be required to achieve them.
Based on each client’s project scope and design, we propose a specific number of days of high-level review for key client personnel. This transfer of knowledge allows decision makers to develop a clear vision of where they want to be tomorrow and in the years to come. In addition, this approach ensures company personnel understand the abilities of Azzier and determine the resources required to complete a successful Azzier implementation. The initial high-level review and knowledge exchange process, which is normally done onsite, can also be done remotely if preferred. Tero Project Managers can conduct this phase using video teleconferencing via platforms such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom. Sessions can be broken up to 2 to 4-hour increments or staggered in a way so each session is based on specific modules or craft responsibilities.
Project implementation is a key component to ensure success. As such, Tero recommends developing and delivering a comprehensive Project Implementation Plan for the implementation of Azzier. The Project Implementation Plan includes a formal report, agreed to by the client, that will serve as an ongoing reference ensuring the total success of the project.
Tero provides experienced technical personnel, on-site or remotely, to perform a thorough investigation of current operating conditions, technology in use, conduct personnel interviews and engage in a full discovery of client goals and objectives for the project. Throughout the course of the investigation, Tero coordinates with the client and arranges to meet with as many personnel as possible to complete the investigation part of the project. Through these interviews, and reviews of current operating procedures and processes, a clear understanding of the current practices and procedures is developed. After careful consideration of the procedures and practices, recommendations are made in the form of the Project Implementation Plan.
Upon completion of the Project Implementation Plan, Tero formally presents the report to the client to ensure a mutual and clear understanding of the entire project scope including all roles and responsibilities.
Items that should be covered in the Project Implementation Plan include but are not limited to:
- Define overall procedures to complete the Azzier implementation
- Identify a Business Blueprint to achieve a common understanding of how Azzier will be utilized within
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Identify current asset maintenance workflow
- Make recommendations for improvements through the Azzier implementation
- Define features and function within Azzier needed to fully accommodate business practices
- Define screens and device compatibilities
- Define module configurations
- Define groups and divisions for security and system access
- Define data transfer and Interfaces to corporate systems
- Define timelines, milestones and measurable result points (Gantt Chart)
- Define training requirements
- Address budgets and finalize cost estimates
- Develop ongoing blueprint for continued system usage
When completed, the Project Implementation Plan serves as the baseline for the complete implementation of Azzier. However, the value of the Project Implementation Plan extends far beyond codifying the activities that take place within the scope of the fully developed plan. It also outlines the value creation that is inherent in every Tero project. Activities that are supported by this plan include:
- Ensure project stays within budget;
- Provide a blueprint for reporting and measuring results within the company;
- Confirms the application of industry best practices;
- Promotes immediate improvement in current practices and the cost savings that result.
Tero is fully committed to achieving the highest and best possible outcome for its clients. The Project Implementation Plan is our first opportunity to kick-start that process.